We are currently monitoring a swarm of earthquakes far off the coast of northern Vancouver Island. There have been more than 50 events since September 14th, though none have been felt and currently the largest reported magnitude is 5.4.
Recent Significant Earthquake Reports
- 2023-10-01: M=3.9 - 59 km WSW of Skagway, AK - felt
- 2023-09-12: M=4 - 52 km W of Burwash Landing, YT
- 2023-09-10: M=4.4 - 104 km NW of Nahanni Butte, NT
- 2023-08-06: M=5.2 - 52 km W of Burwash Landing, YT
- 2023-07-27: M=4.5 - 91 km E of Dawson, YT
All earthquakes of the last 30 days
Region: Yukon, western Northwest Territories (click for available regions)
- Western Canada
- Northern Canada
- Eastern Canada
Earthquake search, and details of notable events.
Hazard calculator, maps and publications.
Maps and details of stations, seismogram viewer, and seismic data access.
Earthquake Early Warning program.
General information, educational resources, and publications.