2022-11-29 MST: A series of earthquakes has occurred in northwestern Alberta. The largest was a M 5.1 earthquake (preliminary M = 5.8). Preliminary observations of the surface deformation can be found here. The provincial energy regulator has stated there is currently no evidence that the activity was induced but that further analysis is needed.
Recent Significant Earthquake Reports
- 2022-11-19: M=4.6 - 127 km E of Pond Inlet, NU
- 2022-07-12: M=5.1 - 256 km E of Resolution Island, NU
- 2022-05-13: M=4.1 - 190 km SW of Kangiqsujuaq, QC
- 2022-05-04: M=3.9 - 89 km ESE of Pond Inlet, NU
- 2021-10-29: M=4.4 - 80 km W of Qikiqtarjuaq, NU - felt
All earthquakes of the last 30 days
Region: Southern Nunavut (click for available regions)
- Western Canada
- Northern Canada
- Eastern Canada
Earthquake search, and details of notable events.
Hazard calculator, maps and publications.
Maps and details of stations, seismogram viewer, and seismic data access.
Earthquake Early Warning program.
General information, educational resources, and publications.