We are currently monitoring a swarm of earthquakes far off the coast of northern Vancouver Island. There have been more than 50 events since September 14th, though none have been felt and currently the largest reported magnitude is 5.4.
Recent Significant Earthquake Reports
- 2023-08-15: M=4.7 - 70 km S of Daajing Giids, BC - felt
- 2023-07-01: M=4.5 - 76 km W of Port Clements, BC
- 2023-05-13: M=3.9 - 121 km W of Ketchikan, AK
- 2023-05-08: M=4.4 - 124 km S of Daajing Giids, BC
- 2023-03-13: M=4.2 - 40 km SSW of Daajing Giids, BC - felt
All earthquakes of the last 30 days
Region: Haida Gwaii (click for available regions)
- Western Canada
- Northern Canada
- Eastern Canada
Earthquake search, and details of notable events.
Hazard calculator, maps and publications.
Maps and details of stations, seismogram viewer, and seismic data access.
Earthquake Early Warning program.
General information, educational resources, and publications.