National WaveForm Archive (NWFA)
The National WaveForm Archive (NWFA) is the national repository for all digital seismic, hydroacoustic, and infrasonic waveform data generated by the GSC and other co-operating agencies.
The Archive contains:
- Event-related waveforms captured by regional telemetered seismic networks in Eastern and Western Canada (ECTN/WCTN) and local telemetered networks located in Charlevoix, Quebec (CLTN) and Sudbury, Ontario (SLTN) from 1975 to 1995.
- Digitized events from the Yellowknife Seismic Array (YKA) since 1976
- Continuous data from the Yellowknife Array (YKA) since August 1989
- Continuous data from the CNSN since its inception in 1992
- Quasi-continuous data from various special deployments
- Continuous data from the POLARIS network since 2002
- Numerical acceleration data from Strong Motion deployments in Miramichi, NB 1982; Nahanni, NT 1985-86; and Saguenay, QU 1988
Data is freely available from the deployments listed above, subject to the GSC's END-USER AGREEMENT FOR DIGITAL DATA.